View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which one do you want?
Halo 2
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Guilty Gear
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Madden NFL 06
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
XIII
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

PhukFaceOffline
Post subject: TigerLAN XI Xbox game competition.  PostPosted: Jul 22, 2006 - 08:30 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Vote here for TigerLAN XI Xbox game competition.

Reply with quote Back to top
lordbyronIIIOffline
Post subject: RE: TigerLAN XI Xbox game competition.  PostPosted: Jul 25, 2006 - 03:54 PM

Let's break convention and do something NOT Halo.

Plus, Guilty Gear freaking rocks as a tournament game.

trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2006 - 02:05 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

so what kind of attendance drop are you expecting with not having halo 2? that's pretty much asking for no one outside of the gamers members to come. guilty gear? good game, but most people don't know of it or play it. if the whole point is to get other people interested in gaming shouldn't you choose a more popular, well known game?

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2006 - 02:48 PM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

I personally couldn't care less about Halo 2..... I would be happy to see it not played.

But then again, I don't touch the consoles at Tigerlan. So I realy don't care.

lordbyronIIIOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2006 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, there'll be people not coming because there's no Halo 2. But we are attempting to expose people to _good_ games. And let's face it, Halo 2's a party game, not a tournament game.

The attendance drop will be because the attendees would've been morons who don't know shit about games, and thus we are appeased.

trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2006 - 02:12 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

lordbyronIII wrote:
Yeah, there'll be people not coming because there's no Halo 2. But we are attempting to expose people to _good_ games. And let's face it, Halo 2's a party game, not a tournament game.

The attendance drop will be because the attendees would've been morons who don't know shit about games, and thus we are appeased.

that's pretty ignorant and rude.

www.mlgpro.com

go there. how about 5 players with 3 year 250,000 dollar contracts? national tournaments, corporately sponsored and going to be aired on USA? oh yeah, that means PEOPLE PLAYING HALO WILL BE ON TELEVISION. party game? okay.

this is pretty bad. I mean, I state my opinion, and you call me and others alike that probably will not attend if a game of interest is not played morons? way to get more people to come seriously.

Also making these statements I know there are tournaments of larger scale for PC games, but this is a console. when you have 7 major tournaments a year SELLING OUT the 200+ team limit that's pretty impressive.

this really makes me not want to attend another tigerlan. why would you hate on other "gamers"? This is just frustrating.

kurtmax_0Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2006 - 06:09 AM
Color-Swapped Ninja
Color-Swapped Ninja

Well why hate tigerlan because of what one person says.... I agree sort of. Although I don't think we should call people morons for enjoying Halo (maybe just "unenlightened").

I personally despise Halo, but as I said earlier I don't really care if it's played because i'm not going to compete in the console competitions...

trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2006 - 02:42 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Well why hate tigerlan because of what one person says.... I agree sort of. Although I don't think we should call people morons for enjoying Halo (maybe just "unenlightened").

I personally despise Halo, but as I said earlier I don't really care if it's played because i'm not going to compete in the console competitions...

alright, well if there was a better tournament console FPS, then that should be played. I don't hate tigerlan, but being reminded pretty much everyone there is a PC elitist and hates consoles and halo does not make me want to attend. i know PC games are better than console, i know mouse and keyboard is better than a controller, people don't have to be a dick about it.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2006 - 05:48 PM

I hear that, thats one reason I never got into pc gaming up until the turn of the century. And it is the major reason I still dont play Counterstrike or Halflife online anymore, if at all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
CDplayaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2006 - 07:24 PM

Can't we all just get along? I mean come on. I play both PC and console, even though I'm terrible at both.

lordbyronIIIOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 12:17 PM

I'm not, as you say, a 'PC elitist.' I never had the money necessary to be a PC elitist, and I had an Xbox long before I had a PC that could play games - and I had both Halo and Halo 2 (collector's edition on 2, in fact).

I never said Halo wasn't _popular_ and media-friendly. I did say that if people were going to come merely because we were playing Halo, that most of those attendees won't be missed. I'm referring to Halo elitists and not to you.

On top of that, consoles are the sole reason that games are played at all, so 'hating on consoles?' Sorry, no. Hating on people that think Halo is the best game of all time? Well, yes. But it's my opinion and it's not a popular one.

Sorry you took it personally, you seem like a nice person.

jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 02:49 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guess what guys, Halo 2 is there, so are Guilty Gear, Madden NFL 06, James Bond: Agent Under Fire, and XIII. Want to know why?

Because this thread is to VOTE on what game to play.

Guilty Gear winning is an indication that it is being favored over Halo2 at the moment. However, the voting populace at the moment is only the club and past attendees that care to vote. If you get 200 people in here that plan to attend then Halo2 will probably take the lead. Advertising is the way to see what the public wants.

There is no "PCs are better than consoles" or vice versa. They each have their plusses and their minuses. As a developer I'd rather develop for a console because you know exactly what hardware and devices your game will be running on. I keep finding this more helpful as a gamer too. I'm tired of having games run like crap because there is a bug with the one specific video card in a machine. It's unreasonable to even ask the developers to fix it too because that 1% of their market can't run the game at full detail even though the card is powerful enough to do it. I think it is absurd to have to support 20 different architectures for one game, video, sound, processors, operating systems, etc. Makes me want to go to Sony and kick them for the ideas behind the PS3. And... screw it </rant> If you think that it's even possible for a PC or a console to be better than the other then you should probably come back to reality. It is personal preference. And don't even give the keyboard+mouse argument because most modern consoles support them now.

I'm so tired of seeing people hate something just because its popular or because they missed out on it when it came out. I see this all the time with Counter-Strike, Halo, and tons of other games and consoles and music and everything. Things get popular for a reason, they have good qualities. They may be complete crap otherwise but there is something fun that makes ppl want to play it. The more popular something is the more its defects will show through. CS is the big one in this case, its no more buggy than any other PC multiplayer FPS yet everyone hates it for the bugs, most of which aren't even bugs but network and cpu lag issues that can't be avoided. Due to its huge user base and great support team it is probably one of the most stable games out there. If you play any game of that nature, where speed and accurracy and small details get more and more important the better you get you'll start to realize that every game has the same bugs in those departments. They are unavoidable.

Ahh, I got on another rant. Screw it. </ranting>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Dark_ChickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2006 - 10:23 PM
teh gam0r!!1~
teh gam0r!!1~

I hope that Halo 2 is played at the tournament, (But my family, which consists of five people, all play Halo2 religiously) so thats understandable. Last time it was the same....Halo 2 didn't get high in the voting until right before the tournament. Most at tigerlan don't like Halo 2 much...(which is fine) BUt yes, I will be thrilled if we get to play it in the tournament. (Maybe I'll actually win something this time....) Smile Once they get the fliers out and everything that's when Halo will most likely start to get higher.

trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2006 - 07:17 PM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

it is true that poll never reflects what people want to play. I believe Cel Damage close last time there was voting, and that isn't real. That's just people that probably wont even participate in the competition voting for "not halo". oh well. If I was actually going to pick a game to play it would be Halo 1, or Mario Kart 64 time trials on Luigi Raceway, but that's just me.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2006 - 10:22 PM

Mario Raceway is how the tourneys usually go though. That or Daytona USA Beginner race best lap...though we kinda destroyed that record one year with a time of 18 seconds - Twin Galaxies doesnt use that one anymore for that reason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 - 12:02 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

fastbilly1 wrote:
Mario Raceway is how the tourneys usually go though. That or Daytona USA Beginner race best lap...though we kinda destroyed that record one year with a time of 18 seconds - Twin Galaxies doesnt use that one anymore for that reason.

yeah, i'm just not a huge fan on mario raceway. i like it alot, but i am just a bigger fan of luigi's raceway.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 - 01:33 AM

Im a bigger fan of Choco Mountain than anything actually. That or good ole Koopa Troopa Beach/Bowsers Castle. Well time to go play Mariokart again...

trsruinerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 - 06:12 AM
Sniper on the Hill
Sniper on the Hill

yeah, but you jump over on at least 2 spots on choco mountain, so your laps are like really short. will someone bring a 64 to tigerlan?

lordbyronIIIOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2006 - 12:14 PM

I intend to participate in the competition whether or not it's Halo 2.

Phoenix2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2006 - 01:09 AM

I plan on attending also, no matter what the game, but as an MLG player/Past Halo 2 TigerLan winner, it sure would give me more incentive to come if there were Halo 2, in addition to whatever else I might would play...

http://www.caleague.com
CAL|Lunceford
Halo 2 Game Manager
Gears of War Asst. Game Manager
Halo 2 Vista Game Manager (when it comes out)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic