View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_PuppyOffline
Post subject: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 01:30 AM

I don't know about anyone else but I thought the team based game was really fun just to watch, and probably more so to play in. (Which I plan to next year) I was wondering if we are planning to continue that next time.

This will be probably be unpopular but I think if we want to get some more revenue. If we hosted a Madden Football of NCAA Football Tournament during the nest Tigerlan that we could increase the people coming through the door by a good bit. Just a suggestion what do you think.

Reply with quote Back to top
The_PuppyOffline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 01:33 AM

I'd also like to try and get more invovled in club now that I finished the major part of my shoulder physical therapy

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 01:45 AM

The problem with a Madden tourney is the same thing with the CS tourney, it takes bloody forever to do right. And remember, that odds are ten will be the only two day one till twenty - since it is somewhat costly to do a two day event through the night, and asking everyone to take down everything just to set it back up the next morning is asinine. So unless alot of things happen at once, or the tourney setup is changed then odds are it wont happen.

Then again, my influence over this matter is nonexistant now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
jokeyxeroOffline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 01:24 PM
Site Admin
Site Admin

We can leave it all in there overnight, they will lock it up. It's just a matter of whether you try Foy employees or not.

But like Russell said, it takes forever to do them correctly. (CS takes 30-60 min per round.) They can be done correctly in two days so you can dedicate 2-3 hours to the competition.

I've actually been wanted to get more casual gamers in there so that they can be exposed to better games, hopefully broadening their horizons.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 03, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Like hell I trust the foy employees, they asked me to be one several times... mainly since I averaged 20+ hours a week in Foy that one semester

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Goji_of_the_SquirrelOffline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 04, 2006 - 01:33 PM

Hmm... I wonder if I can sit in Foy and get paid... I personally like the team based games. But they do take forever to run, unless we cut back on the number of rounds each one goes through, and get more than 3 teams.

The_PuppyOffline
Post subject: RE: Team Games/ Idea for Next Time  PostPosted: May 04, 2006 - 08:26 PM

I think we'll get more than three people next time if we do it. Seems larger everytime we have TigerLAN.

CDplayaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2006 - 07:16 PM

Hey how about a mech combat tournament? Those are normally pretty quick.

Also how about an NES speed run? Just don't make it Guardian Legend.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2006 - 07:25 PM

NES speed run, do I hear Doki Doki Panic? come on come on...

CDplayaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 05:03 PM

Nah, we need something that will make them scream "never again".

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 05:29 PM

exactly my point. No one will want to play after me.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 05:31 PM

that sounds elitiest, but as Ack can attest, I dont think anyone else can beat the game in roughly seven minutes. Just a thought.

AckOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 12:08 PM

The world record speed run is 11 minutes, isn't it Fast? Yeah, you'll beat it, we'll record it, and then you'll hold the record.

CDplayaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 06:59 PM

I'll beat it...somehow..maybe. OK now 7 minutes!? Man that's fast. How about Megaman VI instead?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic