View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sephiroth1112Offline
Post subject: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2011 - 09:35 PM
no0b
no0b

Seeing as a new generation of Pokemon has come out recently, how many people would be willing to have a 5th gen tournament?
I am open to suggestions and am willing to offer up an awesome prize for winners. Tournament format suggestions? I am all for multiple formats. Some options may be: No restrictions, Level 50 - No legendary (flat battle), Only 5th generation, etc. . .
Also, trading? Let's make this happen!

Reply with quote Back to top
Sephiroth1112Offline
Post subject: RE: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2011 - 05:10 PM
no0b
no0b

So, here's some incentive for people thinking of participating. I can offer up any of the 1st or 3rd gen starters for all participants. This means you can get a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Treecko, Torchic, or even the coveted Mudkip just for showing up. This requires your game to have unlocked the national dex, and for you to have one pokemon to give up in the trade (I don't care what it is).
Also possible tournament prizes could be legendaries from older games if there are enough people.
Post here if interested.

Sephiroth1112Offline
Post subject: RE: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 12:44 PM
no0b
no0b

Okay, so I have been doing some research about rule sets for Pokemon, here is what I have come up with:
Flat Battle (lv 50) - 3 Pokemon, no legendaries
Open (any level) - 6 Pokemon, all MUST be from Unova dex. *Use all the new pokemon in B&W only
Open (any level) - 6 Pokemon, no restrictions.
Anything goes except hacked pokemon and the item Wonder Launcher.
Tournament will be round robin (everyone plays everyone), and best of 3 to win a round.
Any ties will be decided by a flat 3v3 battle, best of 5.
Winner will be determined by whoever wins the most finals - that means winning 2 or 3 of the tournament categories.
**rules subject to change if there are too many/ too few participants**

Again, free 1st and 3rd gen starters for all people who enter. Also - awesome prize for winner - I can offer a Groudon in 5th gen only.
Post here if interested!

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 02:07 PM

Just know that pokemon tournaments take a very long time. The last one I worked with was a couple months ago and with eight (8) entrants it took almost twelve (12) hours in double elimination.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Sephiroth1112Offline
Post subject: RE: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 02:18 PM
no0b
no0b

Seriously? Maybe single elimination, then. Based on the responses on this forum (just one) I am really not expecting a lot of people to enter though.

fastbilly1Offline
Post subject: RE: I want to be the very best.  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2011 - 04:16 PM

Singe elimination is typically best. You might want to go with VGC rules:
One on One - Double Battle
Party of 6, but only 4 fight
Flat Battle
No Legendarys

I would go so far as to outlaw the Sturdy Stalling technique aswell. Many claim it is game breaking in the right combination. Granted, my experience with playing B/W is limited to Japanese version and moderating a tourney. I have yet to pick it up - two Layton titles and the rest of Planescape Torment before then. My Blue cow is spectacular in HG though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic